In the context of the Indo-Swiss Joint Research Programme, the SNSF, the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) in India and the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) are issuing a call for Joint Research Projects (JRPs). Submission deadline is 30 November 2021.
JRPs allow researchers in Switzerland to collaborate with a partner in India. The projects will have a duration of three to four years and the funding on the Swiss side will amount to a maximum of CHF 350,000 per project. The grants cover similar costs as those incurred in national SNSF projects.
Call for proposals 2021
The call supports research and projects in two different fields of research, one under the Ministry of Earth Sciences in India (MoES) and one under the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR).
Under the MoES, the overarching topic of the call is “Mountain research, with a focus on glaciers or climate research”. The proposal must fall under one of the following subtopics:
- Glaciers as climate archives
- Cryospheric modelling
- Forecasts for heavy rainfall/cloudburst
- Multi-risk early warning systems
- Orographic cloud and precipitation formation
- Aerosols from mountainous ecosystems to act as cloud condensation nuclei and ice nucleating particles
Under the ICSSR, the following topics in the field of social sciences are available:
- International Migration and Immigration Policies
- Technology, Social Media and Social Cohesion
- Heritage and Cultural Exchange in Global Age
- AI, Big Data and Social Science
The duration of the JRPs under the MoES topics is 3 to 4 years and JRPs under the ICSSR topics 3 years.
The call for proposals is open from the 1 September 2021 to 30 November 2021.
The applications will be jointly evaluated by the SNSF, the MoES and the ICSSR.